Lost Tree Foundation is currently seeking candidates for the following position(s):
Community Engagement Associate
About the Foundation
Based in Lost Tree Village, the Foundation recently celebrated its 40th Anniversary as one of the nation’s first neighborhood foundations. Our mission: working together to strengthen our surrounding communities by significantly improving the lives of our neighbors in need. The Foundation was started in 1981 and in recent years has awarded grants totaling more than $3 million annually to agencies administering programs designed to positively impact local communities in need. Many of such grants are awarded for one-time capital needs, a unique niche of funding in the region. The Foundation also supports several multi-year initiatives focused on alleviating hunger, improving literacy and improving health outcomes.
Serves as Community Engagement Associate (CEA) of the Foundation and reports to the Executive Director to carry out LTF’s mission. While the Foundation maintains a low profile in the broad community, the residents of the Village are intimately involved with and critical to the mission of the Foundation. The CEA is a newly created position that offers an exciting opportunity to further develop and improve the Foundation’s impact in the communities we serve by deepening the engagement of the residents of Lost Tree Village. We are seeking a mission-driven, dynamic individual with a good eye for design and an excitement for utilizing a variety of tools to convey the story of the Foundation’s impact.
• Under the supervision of the Executive Director, this position will work with the Community Engagement Committee to promote and market the Foundation within Lost Tree to encourage participation from a growing percentage of Village residents while also ensuring that the residents have a meaningful and fulfilling experience.
• Oversee community outreach efforts within Lost Tree Village.
• Utilize a variety of communication tools, techniques and platforms (such as print, digital media and/or video development) to tell the story of the Foundation’s impact made possible by the residents in the Village.
• Develop Foundation communications and publications to be sent out to Village residents such as an annual report, newsletter, informational brochures, gift reminders, invitations, videos etc. Ensure unified branding and messaging in all communications and materials.
• Assist with the planning and execution of the annual meeting, annual benefactor celebration, annual food drive and other Foundation events.
• Develop and maintain Legacy Society communications and recognition program.
• Develop, evaluate and monitor communication calendars, plans and metrics to quantify outcomes of specific tactics.
• Manage and drive strategy to optimize the Foundation’s website.
• Manage vendor relationships related to design, printing and digital tactics.
• Optimize the donor management system. Implement measurements and monitor engagement of individuals as volunteers and donors.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Educational or professional background commensurate with communications, design and philanthropy and expertise with computer programs in those areas. Audience development experience is a plus.
• A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three to five years’ experience is required.
• Customer service experience required. Experience working with volunteers and philanthropists is a plus.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
• Extensive experience with technology, including Microsoft Office Suite, and a variety of applications is a must. The ability, willingness and drive to learn and optimize applications.
• Familiarity with donor management software required. DonorPerfect and moves management experience is a plus.
• Strong interpersonal skills in working with volunteers, philanthropists, grant recipients and colleagues.
• The initiative and creativity to meet the challenges of the ever-evolving dynamics in the community.
• A willingness and excitement to learn new skills, brainstorm ideas, and develop solutions as challenges arise.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of all donor and agency information.
• Ability to set appropriate priorities, meet deadlines, manage multiple projects and relationships simultaneously.
• Demonstration of a positive attitude, high level of integrity and humility, resourcefulness, a sense of humor and an enthusiastic aptitude for interacting with a wide range of people.
How to Apply
Submit resumé and cover letter, with salary range requirements, in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Community Engagement Associate: Last Name, First Name” as the subject line. Applicants invited to interview for the position will be required to submit work samples and references.