Disaster Relief and Recovery
Lost Tree Foundation is a partner with local funders who have joined together to coordinate disaster relief and recovery funding. A funding application process has been developed that will provide assistance to nonprofit organizations in Palm Beach County whose facilities, services and clients have been impacted by a disaster. Following a disaster, the group will convene to decide whether the process will be activated. Once activated, an announcement will be circulated to area nonprofit organizations and this page will be updated.
Funding priorities will typically include:
- emergency food, shelter and other basic needs;
- facility costs (repairs and relocation) that are not covered by FEMA or private insurance;
- expansion of service capacity related to increased demand for direct services during or immediately following a disaster.
Because we may receive a high volume of requests for these funds, applicants are advised that we do not expect to be able to cover all funding requests; and we may not be able to fund the full amount of each request. However, we are committed to make the best use of available resources to address the highest priority needs. To address these concerns, we have set the following limitations on applications:
- Applicants must be nonprofit organizations that provide services to Palm Beach and/or Martin County residents;
- Applicants must apply for assistance from FEMA, if applicable, and to their private insurance companies to cover the cost of repairs or replacements.
The following funders participate and coordinate funding for this effort:
- Allegany Franciscan Ministries
- Children’s Services Council of Palm Beach County
- Community Foundation for Palm Beach and Martin Counties
- Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County
- Lost Tree Foundation
- Quantum Foundation
- United Way of Palm Beach County
If activated following a disaster, applications for funding will be accepted through the Community Foundation’s website at https://www.yourcommunityfoundation.org/Grants-Scholarships/Grantmaking/Disaster-Relief.